Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Little Catching Up to Do!

My sister Natalie, has been on me to update my blog. You know...since she has one herself! (Just kidding Nat.) Things have been a little crazy this week for some reason. Last weekend was uneventful as the OU game was out of town. Thank goodness - it takes all weekend to do a home game. I had planned to be much more productive than I was, but that happens sometimes. Most of the time I get more accomplished when I don't even have time to take a breathe.

Last weekend Alex was invited to another b-day party. I don't remember things being like this when we were younger or if it is just a Norman thing, but all the parents go to the party and stay. Well, Alex is going to have to take a break from the b-day party action. She simply can't handle it. I don't know if it is because I am there so she thinks she can be a real shit, if she is just too young or what. It stresses me out though. She is THAT KID at the party that you just want to go away. Cries and shouts "I have that at my house." You get the idea. Oh, and did I mention that this little girl had a "gift registry" for her party? A little over the top!

We also had Alex's 4 year old pictures taken on Campus. We have been using the same photographer, Angel Porch, since Alex turned 1. She is awesome and really does some fun stuff. You can check out the sneak peek at http://www.angelporchphotography.com/blog/.

I took lunch over yesterday to Donnell. Finally got to hold little Corbyn and played with Hadyn for a while too. The Hammons girls are super sweet and it was so nice to have a little down time with them. Donnell is doing a great job managing a newborn and a toddler. God Bless You!

I think I may have a dance class drop out too. I just wanted Alex to try it, so I can't be upset. She told me in the tub last night that she didn't want to go anymore. :-( She thinks it is boring. I have always known deep down that she is going to be "sporty" like dad, but I had my fingers crossed. Stay tuned on this one as I told her that we have to finish up the month since we have already paid. She may change her mind...you never know!

Billie and I are heading South tomorrow morning. A long weekend - just the two us and a million Sooners Fans! I hope we beat the hell out of Bevo!!! BOOMER SOONER! Doug and Connie are taking the girls (Alex, Pearl and Maggie) for the weekend. Billie and I can't even remember the last time we were ALL ALONE! Looking forward to it!

This week's Friday Flashback picture is posted above - OU/TX Last Year!!!

Have a good one...until next week!




3 comments:

Samantha said...

love the pictures of alex, and ya'll jumping is so fun! the birthday party stories made me laugh. i got onto my kids the other day, and actually told them, "no way MY kids are the shitty kids!!" they didn't say much after that...whoops! but it's true when yours doesn't act the way you want....
have fun at ou/texas....blog some pics from the weekend!

Art and Soul Photography said...

so glad you got to spend some time with the hammons girls....I need to get by there soon. I just LOVE being your photographer.....makes me so happy!!!

Anna said...

The pics on OU campus are wonderful!!! Alex is so beautiful and so full of life!