Monday, July 13, 2009

My 8th and FINAL Trade Show!

My Co-Worker Connie & myself posed at our booth on trade show day!

Silent Auction Area

Misc. Booths

Alex's PawPaw Connie (my co-worker) joking around.

Alex and Billie always take the trade show day off and come see me and all my hard work on the show. I have to check in downtown at the Convention hotel all week long...so by show day...we are all needing a little fix!

As many of you know, I work for an association and have planned the annual trade show and convention for the last 8 years. It is a huge undertaking and takes up about 80% of my year. I lay it out, sell the booths, negotiate all the contracts, etc.

Well, this year, our June trade show was my very last to coordinate and manage. I can't tell you how happy I am!!!! The trade show is changing some (we are adding another association to the mix) and my co-worker, Connie is retiring after 30 years with the association - can you imagine? So I will be picking up her work along with everything else I do - other than the trade show. It is being outsourced and I just can't tell you what a relief it is!

No comments: