Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My "Garden"

Top Row: Cantelope, Onion Chives
2nd Row: Okra
On Ground: Strawberries, Corn and Watermelon

Oh, and Maggie May to the right...always my "helper"

My Tomato Topsy Turvey

My Pepper Topsy Turvey

All summer, I have been waiting for Billie to build me a raised garden plot. We are putting it in our neighbors (Dave and Robyn's) backyard and sharing it with them. We decided to put it over there because the last time I tried a "salsa garden" the dogs jumped my little fence and ate my tomatos, peppers and onions. So...Alex and I have been babying these plants so far this summer and they are about to explode out of the pots. (These pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago.) Last summer, you may remember we put the gate in between our house's so that we can easily go back and forth.

Billie and Dave are finally going to make our garden this weekend. Let's hope I have enough of a green thumb like my mom to have a successful transplant of our goods!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Love the garden! I have some green peppers, jalapenos, cayenne peppers, and of course, lots and lots of tomatoes!!! Hope I have a green thumb like my mom, too! Our moms are cool, huh?? ;-)