Thursday, January 15, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance

I think Billie has wanted to take Alexandra to the Daddy Daughter Dance since we found out that we were having a little girl. This year is the first year that Alex can go since she is 4 and they have an official date!

We went dress shopping last weekend for the perfect dress for the big dance. The 3 of us hit the mall in search for a pink dress with glitter. Well, we found a beautiful dress (not pink and glittery) and Alex gave me the sweetest story to be able to share with you.

We ended up at Dillard's and she found 2 that she liked and wanted to try on. So she and I went to the dressing room. Billie sat in a chair outside the dressing room and waited. She tried on the dress that she really liked 1st and it fit perfectly. She said, "I look like a princess." It was the one! I asked her if she wanted to show her dad, but she told me that she wanted it to be a surprise, so we took it off and got back in her clothes. Then I heard her voice crack and I looked at her and her eyes were welling up...she said, "It is so beautiful it makes me want to cry."

We just about melted right there - little girls can be so sweet!

So now we are looking for the perfect tie to match for Dad. Will be sure to share pictures!

No comments: