Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thrisis Thursday

Ok, so I have found myself in a thrisis. I have known for a while that this was going on, but some things at my work this week have completely brought it all to a head. I actually cried for the 1st in 8 years at work this week. I am not a crier and no I am not pregnant.

A thrisis isn't about regret, but about looking forward and thinking, I don't want the next 30 years to look like this.

So I have come to the conclusion that I am going to quit griping everyday and on Thursday's, you get to hear my random thoughts/gripes on life, the week, turning 34, etc. (Aren't you lucky!) I think it might make me feel better to vent to the computer? Feel free to comment...here's hoping that this will be some sort of meditation for me.
  • I like to watch Sex in the City on TBS every night. Do I really like it? Or do I yearn for a group of girl friends like the 4 of them?
  • I listen to the Disney channel even when Alex isn't in the car - I truly like some of the songs.
  • I live two different lives...at work I am organized and completely on top of things. (to the point of being anal) At home I am a total mess! I am 2 years behind on my filing, my house is dirty and do you know what I do before we have company? I bag everything that is in piles on my counter tops and put the stuff in grocery bags and stuff it in my closet. How terrible is that? I know, I know, the secret it out.
  • I have a couple of age spots on my face and hands. Yuck.
Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

ok. i, too, watch nick when the kids aren't even home. i LOVE spongebob.
and i have so done that when company comes. i just pray no one looks in my kitchen cabinets.
i take a catnap almost every day around 2. i'm only 33. what the deuce is gonna happen if i make it to 80? that's when you catnap, not 33. (that scares me)
and i do miss having good girlfriends. plus, i love what those girls wear. wish i could wear 4 inch heels and not bust my butt.
love you, candace!!!

The Garvie Family said...

Maybe I need to try this. I feel like all I do is gripe. I'm not an unhappy person but I just can't stop being negative all the time. I too love Nick and Disney. You should see the stuff I have on my ipod...it would make you feel so much better!! My house is a danger zone. No matter how hard I try it never stays clean..so I've just given up. Wow..that does feel better! I look forward to reading your post next Thursday.

Mother Superior said...

I really did liked reading "Thrisis Thursday" ... maybe what I need to think about is "griping" only on one day! At the end of the day, who wants to be known just for a clean house anyway? Not me! Thanks for sharing. Love, PawPaw Connie