Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Update on My Baby!

Here is a picture of Alexandra in recovery after having her tonsils removed on Friday. Her adenoids also had some regrowth, so they removed them again as well. She is doing really well so far. Eating great - food and popsicles. As long as we stay with the pain medicine around the clock as prescribed...she is in pretty good spirits. The "death breath" has started and it looks nasty in there, but she is really getting along well. Of course, you know she is never quiet (wonder where she gets that?) and this situation is no exception. Billie and I both stayed home on the day of the surgery. I have taken Monday, Wednesday and Friday off and Billie has taken Tuesday and Thursday off. I caught her doing toe touches on my bed yesterday...the rest of week may be a real challenge keep her "calm." Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Aw! I hope she has a speedy recovery. Poor little thing.

Mother Superior said...

Hope today has been a good day! Thinking of you.